Friday, May 03, 2013

Eldorado


Title: Eldorado
Author: Baroness Orczy
Genre: Classic (19th century adventure/romance)
Pages: 352
Rating (out of 5 stars): ***1/2
Reviewed by: Ben
Description: A sequal to The Scarlet Pimpernel, Eldorado picks up the plot and follows Sir Percy and his gang back to France who seek to rescue the young King Louis XVII from the hands of the French Revolution.  But the plot thickens when one of the Scarlet Pimpernel's gang ignores his command and endangers the Pimpernel himself.
Thoughts: This is the kind of fun, light-hearted book that I have a hard time putting down once I start.  I'm a sucker for intrigue and twisting plots, and this has plenty of those.  My only complaint is that it might be a bit over-dramatic at points, but you have to expect that with these kind of books.  Overall, a very worthy sequel to The Scarlet Pimpernel, and if you liked the first one you should pick this up as well.
Disclaimer: None.

No comments: