Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Corrections



Title: The Corrections
Author: Jonathan Franzen
Genre: Modern Fiction
Pages (words): 568 (N/A)
Readability: N/A
Rating (out of 5 stars): No Rating
Reviewed by: Ben
Description: A novel about an older Midwestern couple who want to get their family back together one last time for Christmas.  The difficulty is that all three of their kids have serious issues going on in their lives, but all of them are trying to smooth over the problems, rather than confronting them.
Thoughts: You'll notice I didn't give this book a rating.  That's because I only got maybe 50 pages into it when I gave up.  It was just too dirty to complete, which is sad because I've heard so many good things about Jonathan Franzen, and the book seemed pretty well-written.  Unfortunately, it appears that Franzen, like many modern authors, is more concerned with writing about sex than about life.
Disclaimer:  Too explicit to complete.

No comments: